fallen princesses by dina goldstein

Posted by flutterflyy On 11:47 PM







(via Dina Goldstein)

Vancouver photography Dina Goldstein's twist on Disney's famous princesses challenge the idea of living "happily ever ever". Although not all of the characters are princesses (Little Red Riding Hood, for instance), Goldstein plays with creating situations of how these  Disney damsels would be like in real life.
"These works place Fairy Tale characters in modern day scenarios. In all of the images the Princess is placed in an environment that articulates her conflict. The '...happily ever after' is replaced with a realistic outcome and addresses current issues...I began to imagine Disney's perfect Princesses juxtaposed with real issues that were affecting women around me, such as illness, addiction and self-image issues. "

Pretty interesting, no? I really love this collection. Being a Walt Disney lover myself (the classics, not the teeny bopper direction they've been following lately), these pictures not only caught me by surprise, but made me giggle a little. I guess not everything has a happy ending after all.
What do you think?

2 Responses to 'fallen princesses by dina goldstein'

  1. Ali and Jordan said...
    http://flutterflyy.blogspot.com/2010/06/fallen-princesses-by-dina-goldstein.html?showComment=1276532491442#c5231440635476322662'> June 14, 2010 at 12:21 PM

    I love these, they are so anti happily ever after, but I love them because I feel like they are more real. These are great, so glad you posted them!

     

  2. Anonymous said...
    http://flutterflyy.blogspot.com/2010/06/fallen-princesses-by-dina-goldstein.html?showComment=1276649544960#c7794847065773510455'> June 15, 2010 at 8:52 PM

    These are amazing.